By Ann Cook
The second one variation of the hugely acclaimed American accessory education, now on five audio CDs, is for foreign-born scholars and company humans operating, touring or learning within the usa and Canada. via broad intonation and pronunciation workouts, scholars how you can converse with a typical American accessory. while, listening comprehension improves dramatically. Supplementary fabrics integrated distinctive nationality courses for 8 languages (Chinese, jap, Indian, Spanish, French, German, Russian and Korean), entry to a accomplished web site, and referral to a certified cellphone analyst for a person diagnostic speech research. additionally integrated are coloured markers for written routines, and a replicate to perform exact pronunciation.
Read or Download American Accent Training - A Guide to Speaking and Pronouncing American English PDF
Best english as a second language books
Книга profitable Writing for skillability winning Writing for ProficiencyКниги English литература Автор: Virginia Evans Год издания: 2000 Формат: pdf Издат. :Express Publishing Страниц: 164 Размер: 17 ISBN: 9781842168806 Язык: Русский0 (голосов: zero) Оценка:This booklet includes well-structured devices which increase the talents important for powerful writing at intermediate to complicated degrees.
Trying out in all ability components is roofed. how one can write and review checks is obviously defined with a variety of examples. An appendix describing crucial advertisement skillability, success, and flair checks is incorporated.
The constructing instructor means that academics themselves are the main robust brokers of switch and improvement of their personal expert career.
The constructing instructor is perfect for lecturers who desire to take keep watch over in their personal improvement, for these humans in positions of accountability for instructor improvement, and for complementing classes in language instructor education.
The constructing instructor comprises 3 targeted elements A, B and C which concentration in activate conception, perform and development:
- An exam of other elements and concerns in instructor development.
- A dialogue of ways lecturers study and what prevents academics from learning.
- A survey of the literature on language instructor improvement, worthwhile for these learning MA or degree classes at the subject.
- A financial institution of actions prepared into 5 circles of increasing improvement, embracing all elements of the language teacher's life.
- actions that take little time, usually including 'a developmental twist' to average school room practice
- approaches that stick to a step by step define, making them effortless to appreciate at a look - excellent for the busy teacher.
- A view of additional instructor improvement, selling reflective practice.
- Longer-term tasks - diary, portfolio and instructor improvement program.
- step by step publications to every venture, permitting and empowering academics to decide to their carrying on with improvement.
Concentrating on phrasal verbs, and meant for intermediate and complicated rookies, this is often certainly one of a sequence which bargains ELT scholars counsel and perform in components of language which they locate quite tricky. An accompanying cassette can also be on hand.
- Simple Reading Activities
- What a World 1: Amazing Stories from Around the Globe (Student Book and Audio CD)
- Danny and the Dinosaur
- English Vocabulary in Use Pre-Intermediate and Intermediate Book
Extra resources for American Accent Training - A Guide to Speaking and Pronouncing American English
Spine) 6. It's a card. It's a trick. It's a card trick. 7. It's a spot. It's a light. It's a spotlight. 8. It's a book. It's a phone. It's a phone book. Pause the CD and write your own noun and set phrase sentences, carrying over the same nouns you used in Exercise 1-25. Remember, when you use a noun, include the article (a, an, the); when you use an adjective, you don't need an article. 9. It's a_________ 10. It's a_________ 11. It's a_________ It's a_________ It's a_________ It's a_________ It's a_____________ It's a_____________ It's a_____________ Exercise 1-29: Making Set Phrases CD 1 Track 42 Pause the CD and add a noun to each word as indicated by the picture.
What did you do it for? Who did you get it for? It's from the IRS. I'm from Arkansas. There's a call from Bob. This letter's from Alaska! Who's it from? Where are you from? It's in the bag. CD 2 Track Sounds Like... [th's'z fr you] [ts fr my friend] [ə table fr four, pleeze] [we plan dit fr layd'r] [fregg zæmple] [frin st'nss] [w'd'z this for] (for is not reduced at [w'j' do(w)it for] the end of a sentence) [hoojya geddit for] [ts frm thee(y)äi(y)ä ress] [äim fr'm ärk' nsä] [therzə cäll fr'm Bäb] [this ledderz frəmə læskə] [hoozit frəm] [wher'r you frəm] [tsin thə bæg] Стр.
Reduce the positive can to [k 'n] and stress the verb. Make the negative can't ([kæn(t)]) sound very short and stress both can't and the verb. This will contrast with the positive, emphasized can, which is doubled—and the verb is not stressed. If you have trouble with can't before a word that starts with a vowel, such as open, put in a very small [(d)]— The keys kæn(d) open the locks. Repeat. positive I can do it. [I k'n do it] (t) negative I can't do it. [I kæn do it] extra positive I can do it.